During the lock down last month I was able to complete a lot of unfinished pieces, including this one of Kapiti Island - Gouache on round wooden board.
If you watch Rick and Morty and American Dad then you should recognise these two.... I basically drew this because I think they would be absolutely hilarious together, and since it's pretty much never going to happen!! Also this counts as day 25 (Draw a Couple) in the #30 Day Drawing Challenge (yes I know I've skipped like 22 days here). I used Gimp to draw this: https://www.gimp.org and my Wacom tablet.
Every single day I get inspired by things all around me, and every day I think of new and exciting projects and artworks I want to try. My favourite thing to paint this month... cute food puns! I find it so hard to just stick to one idea, technique or medium! Hence this unnecessary shopping trip to get new art supplies.. I had a voucher for an arts/ stationery supply store, so saw the chance to grab a few things that I've been wanting to try, but wouldn't normally pick up. This time I got water mixable oils, water mixable linseed oil, some new brushes, some water brushes and some resin. I don't really know how the resin idea came about... (well, I do... I'm addicted to pinterest and think that I have the time/skill/money to do every single craft project I find on there...!!). If I find time I will experiment with the resin, but so far I am loving the water brushes and hope to try the oils this week.
Last year I began to experiment with painting on wooden serving boards. The smooth surface is a dream to paint on, and I love how the wood gives a natural look to the background. I have so many designs in mind for these, so hope to do many more in 2020!
Comments
Post a Comment